Victor on 29 Aug 2015 15:59:42 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Behavior of iptables-save and iptables-restore when run concurrently

I am not so familiar with the inner workings of iptables-save/restore,
but I would agree that iptables-restore is probably atomic.

I wanted to ask if you were drastically altering the chain, and if the
iptables --delete, --insert, and --replace options could be used for a
simpler solution? Unless BAR contains dozens of unique rules per
rewrite, iptables-save/restore may not offer much benefit.