Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 11 Sep 2015 18:09:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Cheap x86 Windows tablet?

While that is cheap, as are Microcenter's equally cheap and equally crappy BayTrail-based tablets, you won't be running anything but WIndows on them for some time to come, at least not well.

It's been a while since I looked at the HP Stream 7, but last I looked it was major tinkering needed for wifi and nonfunctional or buggy touchscreen, along with only booting Linux one time in three, which really reduces the usefulness of a tablet, IMO.