Keith C. Perry on 12 Oct 2015 10:17:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Video link: "Virtualizing Bare-Metal Systems with QEMU" and meeting bookmarks

Yep, that's might I made mention of "raw" disk images.  :)

Since I usually keep the system volume separate for my vm (or at least when I am building them) I can loop mount the partition then do whatever bulk data moves are needed (e.g. move source code for later compiling) and then convert back to qcow2.

Steve if you're talking about having an on going live share between and disk then sshfs or any other networking is the safest but slowest.

As previously mentioned, using the virtio devices are generally the most efficient as well.

Fun fact... sharing a raw disk image between a VM host and guest does seem to work (I did that a when I was building some FOSScon usb multiboot keys) but I'm not sure its "safe".  You would have to take care to make sure you are not making changes to the same files at the same time. YMMV

---
KP-