john boris on 28 Oct 2015 06:57:36 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Question on stable LINUX for Aspire one
- From: john boris <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Question on stable LINUX for Aspire one
- Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:57:29 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=qcA1fYawhZ/frL9HI3En4YF6CLzNPBgMGiNmq9WRbPE=; b=wjfP6zvwzXK0NxvSG3nQFDoA9ywS2g7+ICN/7WUt8rvht9HvZHIwpxsG6c3jiBtsVF MBqfg/7fGZ0MstbOnpvznv4rwAbpMstTwl6emDZNLOJZgUlrV6iTOX+U8UWByBTrEEJE FcK+nskezO8UGXsDP4ChujZk82iU4L4KE1cdXmclS+t19b14Y8y+6NiEGpD0mNrOF10g ckDSX5tHEmMGeIthWtfRJCTFLt8zXtNIpEAJBfys+brdcM0Q/wL9cQFz7X8QQtZ1huFA zcRnKN/hzzyLMfio02GjHaDGRG7uargGyiZ2loWfNjLi4GpMBt2mvKi6plQngiYBMkHk 8UtQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have an Aspire One netbook that had ubuntu 12.04 on it. It was sitting idle for a long time and I decided to fire it up and update it. Well the update went south and I now have to reload the OS. No problem as it was really only used a device for the Living room (prior to the iPad and Tablet world). I am looking for the recommendations as tothe most stable version, or best suited, for that device.
I use it rarely but I want to have a lightweight device I can use on travel in a pinch. I have to buy a new battery for it so before I do that I want to make sure I can reload it. I bought this unit used with Ubuntu installed but always had an issue with the unit going to sleep (freezing) for a few seconds on a regular basis which lead me to believe some driver was not fully compatible.
The unit has the memory maxed out.
Thanks in Advance.
John J. Boris, Sr.
Head Freshmen Football Coach
Camden Catholic High School
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug