Keith C. Perry on 28 Oct 2015 07:38:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Question on stable LINUX for Aspire one

That's a good reason to try out live cds since you can review how they perform- install from there if you like what you see and how it runs.  I still recommend Lubuntu (Ubuntu + LXDE desktop) since the LXDE environment is designed for lightweight system builds.  You could also go with Arch Linux and then add the LXDE desktop.  I use it on servers if I need a gui.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "john boris" <jborissr@gmail.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:26:30 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Question on stable LINUX for Aspire one

This unit is basically something for me to have on a trip when baggage is tight. I am not going to run any VMs on it. Just use it to log into my VPN for $WORK, check some things on the net, use a sniffer on a network etc. It is small enough and lite enough for those purposes. It only has 2gb of RAM and a small Hard Drive. The processor is not beefy.