Isaac Bennetch on 5 Nov 2015 13:53:09 -0800

Re: [PLUG] cron/launchctl problems in MAC OS

On Nov 5, 2015, at 3:16 PM, Gregory Deal <1deal@comcast.net> wrote:

I recently tried to switch over to launchctl on my Mac Mini (10.7.5) from cron on a PC. I searched and think I have things set up right, but it seems that the scheduled script starts significantly after the requested time. Details at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32829026/using-launched-and-plist-starts-late. I would appreciate any guidance, insight, or things to try. Thanks.

Are you sure the Mac isn't going to sleep? If it does, IIRC the task will run when it wakes up.

Also, unrelated to your apparent problem but a point of frustration for me that took a while to track down: if your job runs too quickly, launchctl doesn't like this and tries to restart it again immediately, causing...problems.