Stephen R Guglielmo on 13 Nov 2015 21:49:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] CTF/Pentest

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 13:46:06 -0500
Chris Norton <chris@nortoninc.info> wrote:
> At PLUG North the other night, Lance suggested a CTF/Pentest/hackathon type
> thing. I am garnering interest in such a thing with this message.
>
> Please let me know if you have equipment, time or anything else you wish to
> volunteer to this AND/OR if you are interested in participating, watching,
> or don't care.

My first email didn't go through for some odd reason (I don't see it in the mailing list archive page after 24 hours?), so I'm sending it again.

I would love to do something like this! My schedule is pretty crazy between work and some night classes, so I actually haven't yet made it to a PLUG meeting. I've been lurking on the mailing list and IRC for a while now. As soon as my schedule changes next semester, I plan to attend all the meetings I can.

I'm familiar with Kali, VirtualBox, and various VMs from VulnHub.com (intentionally vulnerable VM images). I'd be really interested in seeing (and helping!) how a infrastructure is setup to do this - the network setup and VMs.

-srg