Rich Freeman on 15 Nov 2015 14:25:32 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Replacement speaker for next week's PLUG West?

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Paul L. Snyder <plsnyder@drexel.edu> wrote:

> We haven't had people jumping in to volunteer to give lightning talks.
> So...anyone?

I've never done a lightning talk and I tend to run long in general,
but I wouldn't mind winging something.  I'll take any topic that
anybody wants to throw out (ideally related to something I've shown
some interest/knowledge in like Gentoo, btrfs, containers/namespaces,
Linux in general).  If nobody tosses out a topic I can just prep some
short show/tell around something I consider interesting (which
probably means accessible to somebody with intermediate linux/unix
understanding but fairly nuts-and-bolts oriented - I don't tend to do
the easy-docker-containers-in-5-minutes presentations).  I don't mind
using some of that time to touch more on history around a topic if
that is where there is interest, though I can't promise a lot of
research in a day.

--
Rich