Michael Leone on 14 Dec 2015 08:04:26 -0800

[PLUG] Moving from SHA1 to SHA2 for self-signed certificates

I have a question. I have set up my own internal CA to issue certs for my organization. It uses SHA1 as it's default md (I set this up a few years back, on an old Ubuntu VM). I know SHA1 is being deprecated, but I figure that since it's only for internal use, it's less of an issue than for external certificates, which might not be recognized when SHA1 support goes away.

So how would I go about upgrading my CA cert to SHA2? I suppose I should also re-issue the SHA1 certs, once that's done.