Adam Zion on 21 Dec 2015 10:28:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Raspberry Pi NAS question, cont'd

>> Since it occurred to me that the disconnects apparently happen during
>> times of no activity- they don't happen, for instance, while I'm accessing
>> the drive- I decided to create 2 new lines in the crontab:
>>
>> 0 0-23 * * * ls /media/drive1
>> 5 0-23 * * * ls /media/drive2
>>
>> Unless I got the formatting wrong, this should run a quick ls of both
>> drives hourly, drive1 on the hour and drive2 after. Thoughts?

> Try it but that doesn't solve the network problem.

I don't think it ever was a network problem, per se, since the network connection itself never dropped- the workstation is still connected to drive Z:. it's just that Z: is empty, and when I SSH to the NAS, the USB connection is gone.

Will report on how things go w/the above cron job.

--
Adam+Zion, MSIS, MCSE+I
Registered Linux User #471910