brent timothy saner on 28 Dec 2015 12:32:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] RHEL bonds

On 12/28/2015 02:59 PM, Carl Johnson wrote:
I'm trying to understand which interface is the primary and which is the
secondary in a two member mode one bond. Is there an election process
based on MAC? Is it based on ifcfg-ethX.conf entries? I've done some
googling and it's somewhat confusing and based on distro.

haven't done much bonding in full linux systems- mostly just embedded or dedicated network kit.

but!

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/s2-networkscripts-interfaces-chan.html

per 10.2.4.2., "The MAC address of the bond will be taken from the first interface to be enslaved. It can also be specified using the HWADDR directive if required."

this would be in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<your bond iface name> (see example 10.1. on that page)