Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 30 Dec 2015 12:33:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] password safe

I use Lastpass, but want to find something else, since LogMeIn bought them (and will therefore be screwing up the app and monetizing it heavily in coming years).

I've been looking at Yubikey for local login security, and use Lastpass for pretty much everything else.

I'm also using correcthorsebatterystaple.net to generate memorable and long passwords for the few logins I can't secure via Lastpass or Yubikey. Typing in my password and having bystanders say "whoa" is kind of amusing, and the passwords aren't much harder to remember. I just retired Always-Waffle-Under-Submarine-23

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Stephen R Guglielmo <srg@guglielmo.us> wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 11:41:17 -0500
Bill Patterson <bill.patterson1@comcast.net> wrote:
> Does anyone recommend a good password safe to use with Linux?

I, too, use KeePass (not KeePassX). I have it running on my Windows machine, my Arch machine, and I have a portable Win version on a FAT32 USB drive for when I'm on-the-go (family, work, school, etc). Its sync function works well.

I noticed that it runs the key transformation function (when opening or saving the db) significantly quicker in Windows than Linux. I imagine it's a limitation of Mono, not KeePass.

I don't use any plugins or triggers, so I can't speak about them.