Keith C. Perry on 30 Dec 2015 13:25:20 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Topics of Interest for Gentoo Talk

Rich,

I might as well do a VM install to get re-acquainted myself.  Do or do not right?  :D

My question in that regard... what do you recommend in the way of Gentoo docs that describe the install process?  Is it just a matter of going through something like https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64 ?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Freeman" <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:05:11 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Topics of Interest for Gentoo Talk

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Robert <mlists@zoominternet.net> wrote:

> My biggest problem is the install.  I cannot get past the setup.

Maybe what I'll do is focus on the intro for this talk, but perhaps
I'll record myself setting up a VM with a full install and post a link
to the list.  Then I could take questions/etc on the list, or maybe
during free time at the start of a meeting/etc.

I'm just trying to think of ways to do it that are more interesting
than watching me build systemd, build the kernel, install grub, etc.

--
Rich