Rich Freeman on 22 Feb 2016 15:25:00 -0800

Re: [PLUG] FYI: It is possible* to boot UEFI executables from NTFS

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Rich Mingin (PLUG) <plug@frags.us> wrote:

> WRT Rich's second idea: Not sure exactly what you're asking. Coreboot is a
> firmware that inits hardware, you can set it up to hand over to Tianocore
> (Intel's reference software UEFI implementation) for a FOSS boot+UEFI
> solution. Tiano doesn't have the capability to init anything besides very
> basic hardware, that's why you would need Coreboot to handle that and hand
> over to Tiano.

I'm aware that Coreboot is typically run in firmware.  I was just
referring to it in general as a linux OS designed just to boot other
operating systems.  Perhaps I could have said a linux-based secondary
bootloader (capable of running EFI programs or GRUB or linux or
whatever).  However, these are all things that coreboot does, and I'm
sure you could get coreboot to run from disk just as you can get it to
run from flash.

--
Rich