Eric H. Johnson on 23 Feb 2016 09:51:49 -0800

[PLUG] vsftpd writing to user home folder

Hi all,

Having trouble with FTP on something I thought was very easy. I am trying to setup a user to be able to ftp (write) into their home folder, although it isn’t critical that it specifically be the home folder.

Allow “anonymous write” is disabled,

“Local enable”, “write enable” and “chroot local user” are on.

The home folder is the default:
home/user

When I try to login through ftp I get an error “refusing to run with writable root in chroot”.

I found a couple things on this, but do not really understand how to solve the immediate problem. One solution was to enable “allow writeable chroot”, but that did not work.

I just need the user to be able to send files to some folder without affecting other FTP access. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,
Eric