Casey Bralla on 1 Mar 2016 02:42:42 -0800

[PLUG] Help! I've Bricked My Android!

OK, so I've messed up my Moto X Pure.

I had previously unlocked the boot loader and installed TWRP.  I was not able
to root the devices because the common root programs were not compatible with
the most current android versions.

Yesterday, Motorola offered an android update and I accepted it.   Whe the
phone rebooted, I was stuck in a flashing TWRP screen, and android wouldn't
start.

I mucked around for a while (factory reset, etc), and eventually just put it
down to focus on work-related stuff.  Later I discovered that TWRP had started
running a "OpenREcoveryScript".    That script has now been running form
almost 12 hours.

The screen shows:

Updating partition details...
...done
Full SELinux supprt is present.
Processing AOSP recovery commands...
-- Wiping Data Partition...
Wiping data without wiping /data/media ...

I'm ready to reboot into recovery mode and use my windows PC to restore a
backup on the PC.   But should I interrupt this script?  Will this script ever
end?