john boris on 16 Mar 2016 09:11:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Nerd Flea Markets?

Ah yes those were the days. I outfitted my kids with their own computers (TRS80-Model III) for $20. They were the hit on the block as the place for the kids to go to get their school work in. Or going looking to score a 28.8 ,modem for under $10. I remember one time a truck pulled in and they unloaded two or three Mini Computers (The size of dorm refrigerators) with Laserjet 4SIs with 2000 page feeders. Then at the end of the lot they had a giant dumpster to discard what you wanted. At the end of the day people were dumpster diving for parts.