Eric H. Johnson on 25 Apr 2016 14:58:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] 16.04

I just updated one of my laptops from 15.10 to 16.04 (64 bit). The update
ran all the way through but complained twice, once for a font library and a
second time without really specifying the problem. It basically completed,
then complained that it had encountered an unrecoverable error and would run
a roll back. Nothing as far as I could tell actually ran though, and when I
rebooted the version reported as 16.04. I have been getting a couple "System
Errors", but otherwise everything seems to be working.

I just built the machine a couple months ago, so no great loss if I have to
rebuild from scratch, but will see how it goes for a while.

Regards,
Eric

Updated to Xubuntu 16.04 the other day.

Since I customize, it doesn't look different.
But the fonts are a lot sharper. And there's something called Maps. And a
new software center, which would be an improvement by default.

And it runs, which I like.