JP Vossen on 27 Apr 2016 11:18:13 -0700

[PLUG] R Pi3 Kodi, VLC and ffmpeg

Interesting:

http://fossforce.com/2016/04/thumbs-ubuntu-mate-16-04-raspberry-pi/
"Accelerated Frameworks: While I am a fan of OpenELEC and OSMC, I’ve longed for a Raspberry Pi OS that can not only run Kodi, but also function as a desktop OS. Well that wait is now over since Ubuntu MATE can now run Kodi whenever I choose. With 16.04, Ubuntu MATE has accelerated the Raspberry Pi 3 to run Kodi extremely well, but the accelerated frameworks don’t end with Kodi. Also included in the mix is VLC and ffmpeg, which should round out most users needs when it comes to wanting better video streaming for the Raspberry Pi."

Later,
JP