JP Vossen on 28 Apr 2016 13:34:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] disk (filesystem) imaging one liner: corrections and a recent use case

On 04/28/2016 03:43 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
Very cool!  I was going to ask why you used `lzop` instead of just `ssh -C`
but you already answered that in-line in that a) "-C" only compresses
on-the-wire, and it's nice to have the target file compressed and b) "space
tech."  :-)

Why cpio and not just tar?  I don't think cpio really has any
advantages these days unless you're making an initramfs.

Or unpacking RPMs.

Later,
JP