John Kreno on 3 May 2016 19:39:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Raspberry Pi Heatsinks?

60 and 70C are significant landmarks in so far as longevity are concerned though. But all this stuff is throw away.

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Rich Mingin (PLUG) <plug@frags.us> wrote:
Agreed on both counts. A heatsink only helps if the chip the sink is on is much hotter than the air around it, and 130F isn't much at all. I wouldn't become even slightly worried about any electronics until they pass 80C (~175F) or more.