Keith C. Perry on 15 May 2016 09:24:40 -0700

[PLUG] Microsoft to force upgrades to Windows 10

From https://tech.slashdot.org/story/16/05/15/0324224/microsoft-auto-scheduling-windows-10-updates

"Microsoft has begun to auto-schedule PCs to upgrade to Windows 10 with or without consent from end users."

This is very serious...  I know this is PLUG but does anyone know how to stop this?  If anyone understands the Windows updates process, I'll like some ideas on how this can be stopped.  Off of the time of my head, I'm thinking that it should be possible to watch and kill the MS update processes (wsupd service?).  I don't think that that is a good long term solution but if MS is going to continue to use a malware methodology to force people to their new garbage any remedy is better than no remedy.

I'll be making much stronger arguments to my clients that now is the time to move away from Windows but whether that is possible or not, it should not be forced.

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167