Keith C. Perry on 15 May 2016 09:50:27 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Suggested distro for a new Dell 2-in-1? Anyone heard of "MX Linux"

Greg,

Hmmmm, I have a system with an A10-7850K in it but it current running some VM's.  It's currently running Lubuntu 14.04 LTS but I'm going to do quick test with Arch USB system during the next maintenance cycle.  I doubt there will be any problems but then again, I'm not a gamer.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Helledy" <gregsonh@gra-inc.com>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 5:55:33 PM
Subject: [PLUG] Suggested distro for a new Dell 2-in-1? Anyone heard of "MX Linux"

On 5/12/2016 5:19 PM, plug-request@lists.phillylinux.org wrote:
> Ahhh, ok. I know one of the issues with *buntu 16.04 is the ATI
> Catalyst drivers will not be supported. So gaming folks in particular
> might be left out in the cold if their card doesn't have a good
> kernel driver.
>
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/03/ubuntu-drops-amd-catalyst-fglrx-driver-16-04

First I'd heard of that, looks like I'm screwed with my desktop.  I have
an A10-6800K APU.  (I bet Windows users won't be facing any issues.)

Not that I was in a rush to upgrade the desktop but if I did install
Mint on the 2-in-1 it would have been nice to have them on the same system.

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated