|Rich Mingin (PLUG) on 28 Jun 2016 12:47:43 -0700|
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
|Re: [PLUG] Comcast Job Opportunity-Linux Support Engineer|
Interested in internal applicants, or external only? I'm from Audubon and working at 1717 Arch, would love to reduce my commute.
We have an immediate opening for a Linux Sys Admin in our Wayne office. Please see details below and feel free to share as you see fit. Email me directly for further details.
Thanks for your time,
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent work experience or 5 – 8 years of work and /or industry related experience.
- 5+ years of detailed hands on troubleshooting experience of a complex large scale enterprise application server environment with a minimum of 1 years in an ISP like environment.
- In-depth knowledge of OSI layer 3-7, IP routing, TCP traffic analysis, application flows, switches, web servers & services, DHCP, DNS, Oracle, and IP Management
- Prior knowledge of major MSO (Multi-Service Operator) provisioning systems for video, high speed data services, and/or telephony a plus
- Well developed communications skills and customer-centric attitude
- Understanding of Big Data environments like Hadoop
- Solid understanding of application servers and services including JAVA based application server environments.
- 3+ Years hands-on administration in a RHEL-based Linux environment.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MySql, Postgre), including the ability to run basic queries.
- Experience with configuration management tools is a plus (Saltstack, Puppet, Chef).
- Experience with setting up and configuring Nagios is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in several of the following technologies:
- IP Networking protocols and systems including DHCP, DNS, TFTP, ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, SNMP
- IP subnet management
- LDAP Directory Servers
- TCP/IP implementations
- Strong understanding of UNIX heavily weighted towards RHEL-based Linux
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, listening and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or individual contributor role
- Knowledge of application load balancing concepts desirable.
- Work in a 24 x 7 environment
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug