Eric H. Johnson on 8 Jul 2016 08:29:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] RAID striping

Tom,

Fair point, I was referring more to motivation than sensitivity. There would
be significant motivation to crack national secrets held by the NSA, not so
much for the off chance of possibly stealing a few SSNs, etc.

Regards,
Eric

I am always sceptical whenever anyone uses a reference to "but nothing that
rises to NSA level secrecy"... As if individuals don't have a strong need
for protection of information.

I'd argue that the people's information included in that payroll data
*does* reach those individuals' "NSA level of secrecy"... I doubt any of
them would like their data in the open...

If my info from your payroll data (I'm thinking that includes things like
SSN, DOB, and other PII) falls into someone else's hands, there would be
damage to me... therefore the data needs protection and proper destruction.