Keith C. Perry on 8 Jul 2016 08:42:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Ok.. so anyone going to have a party? ;-)

Ok, that's what it sounded liked.  So by Monday I should see the XBT/USD jump to about about 1300.  That puts its just behind the exchange rate for gold.  Nice!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Owner, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric H. Johnson" <ejohnson@camalytics.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Friday, July 8, 2016 11:34:44 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Ok.. so anyone going to have a party? ;-)

Keith,

It is part of the bitcoin strategy for scarcity, a fundamental attribute of any currency. For roughly the first 4 years of bitcoins existence, 50 bitcoins were in each block allocated, and over that time one half of all bitcoins that will ever exist were allocated. At the first halving, the number of bitcoins per allocated block dropped to 25, on Saturday it will drop to 12.5 bitcoins per block at the point where 3/4 of all bitcoins will have been allocated. This reduced "inflation" is expected to result in upward pressure on the price of bitcoins, so a good thing for anyone holding them. Otherwise it is just a normal part of the way bitcoin works.

Regards,
Eric

Not sure I understand the context of a "party" here.
Is the having deemed to be good or bad?