Eric H. Johnson on 26 Jul 2016 10:12:14 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Disposing of old servers

Anthony,

They are fairly old. Two G2s, one G3 and two I cannot find an identification, at least not in the same spot. Any idea how to identify them? They are all within a couple years of the same age, so no more than G4s.

Note: some have been cannibalized for parts, particularly memory, and one hot swap power supply is bad. I also have one loose DL380 motherboard , a couple PCI bus HP Smart Array RAID controllers and 35 36GB wiped hot swap drives, including bad ones (~5). I think the boards are good, but they have been out of service even longer than the servers.

Regards,
Eric

Do you know what generation of DL380? It makes a big difference.
I have some Dell Poweredge 2950s that I'm going to be trying to find homes for shortly. If nothing else, I can lump yours in with mine.