Rich Freeman on 31 Jul 2016 12:19:53 -0700

[PLUG] Article on Postres/MySQL Storage Internals / Performance

Since databases are an occasional topic at our meetings I figured I'd
post this for anybody who hasn't seen it.  I can't vouch for whatever
other tradeoffs the InnoDB vs Postgres designs have, but I found the
article incredibly informative.

If you're interested in how databases perform at scale, or just about
how they actually work, this is probably useful.

https://eng.uber.com/mysql-migration/

If anybody has anything else to add to this conversation I'm interested.

--
Rich