Eric Lucas on 7 Aug 2016 00:26:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Skype

See:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype_security
note the second paragraph:

Skype uses 256 bit AES encryption to encrypt communication between users, complicating the decryption of these communications, although when calling a telephone or mobile, the part of the call over the PSTN is not encrypted.[1][2] Skype's encryption is inherent in the Skype Protocol and is transparent to callers. Skype is not considered to be a secure VoIP system as the calls made over the network are routinely monitored by Microsoft and by Government agencies.[3]

[3]  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data