Tom Hornberger on 8 Aug 2016 07:48:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] vaguely related

-----Original Message-----
From: jeff <jeffv@op.net>
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Mon, Aug 8, 2016 10:29 am
Subject: [PLUG] vaguely related

I've got some hash (not that kind) in my house.
Every hour or so, I get horrible distortion and noise in most of my
audio/video equipment - except my laptop, which is plugged in to AC. The
odd bit is that the laptop's external monitor is affected.

I don't think everything's on the same circuit and I have no (on
purpose) transmitters. Next step is to start unplugging stuff to see if
it's generating the hash.

Maybe I've discovered that I'm being irradiated or RF'd - they ARE out
to get me. But not my laptop.

Where are you located? It can't be a radar, interference would be more common. It could be construction, i.e. blasting or work on a substation or other heavy power connection. Could also be bad or loose wiring in the house. Do you have any power bricks or appliances/air conditioners that are running hot or noisy?

Tom