Rich Freeman on 11 Aug 2016 16:33:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] BTRFS RAID massively broken

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 6:59 PM, Keith C. Perry
<kperry@daotechnologies.com> wrote:
> It is always good to stress the idea that use of RAID or any other filesystem, no matter how many bells and whistles it has, is NOT a substitute for backups and/or archiving.

Absolutely, but it is intended to protect against certain failure
modes and reduce downtime, and it is fair to criticize a RAID for
failing to do this.

My company has a complete disaster recovery plan, but if they actually
had to implement it I shudder to think of the cost and impact.

--
Rich