rgeoffrey on 31 Oct 2016 20:50:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Speaker(s) for the November 2nd PLUG CENTRAL meeting

I now have the gong in the car so I won't forget to bring it.

Also I have a lightning talk to add:

sudo From a Folder: For the Slightly Trusted User‎

The Central Pennsylvania Open Source Conference (http://cposc.org/) is coming up on 11/19 in Lancaster.  Lightning talks will happen there too.  So you could get two uses out of your talk if you are clever.

- Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: "Eric Lucas" <eric@lucii.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2016 8:14pm
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>, "Chuck Clift" <chuckclift@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Speaker(s) for the November 2nd PLUG CENTRAL meeting

The list is weak - we need lightning talks people.  Step up.
(It's 5 minutes for cryin' out loud.)

1.  Taken by Chuck C.: topic is TBD
2.  Taken by: Eric Lucas - Two Linux Mint Cinnamon hacks to increase
usabililty.
3.  To be announced (see note below)
5.  [your name here]
6.  [your name here]
7.   [your name here]

I've been contacted by a teacher from LaSalle University High School
He is advising two students who want to do a Lightning talk about their
project with was built with Linux.  In return, they'd like feedback from us.
I said *YES* of course.

We need three (or even four) more speakers.

Thanks,
Eric

P.S. if you have a "maybe" idea and want to talk about it reach out to me
and
we can discuss it.