JP Vossen on 3 Feb 2017 09:24:19 -0800

[PLUG] /. Microsoft Introduces GVFS (Git Virtual File System)

Wow. What I get out of this is that Windows is in git and git is not scaling to it. That's...really interesting. I'm not sure what it means, exactly, except maybe it's more proof that Windows is far too complicated and out-of-control to ever be stable or secure, given that complexity is the enemy of security.

Or maybe it's just that git on Windows sucks...for reasons left to the reader's imagination, I wouldn't know. There's also the old "embrace, extend, extinguish" method, though supposedly the tiger has changed its stripes.

https://developers.slashdot.org/story/17/02/03/1427213/microsoft-introduces-gvfs-git-virtual-file-system

Later,
JP