Soren Harward on 10 Feb 2017 19:50:22 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Monolithic Kernel with B43 Firmware

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017, 16:00 Casey Bralla <MailList@nerdworld.org> wrote:
Do I really need all 117 files?

Probably not, but it depends on the driver. Try looking for a README or googling around to see if someone else has figured out exactly which files you need to include for your particular hardware.

My AMD GPU requires firmware files, and though there are like 120 in the tarball, I need only like 10 of them.

On the other hand, including all of them probably won't do any harm other than making the kernel a little bit bigger.

Do I have to enter each of those into the
kernel config file in CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE=

Yeah. I found that the easiest thing to do in this case is open .config in a text editor, pipe in the output from 'ls /lib/firmware' (or wherever the files are), and then edit as needed.
--

Soren Harward
stharward@gmail.com