rgeoffrey on 26 Feb 2017 20:56:09 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Laptop recommendations

I just bought a new laptop last week.  I went with an MSI GE62 from Microcenter.  The version I got has a 15.6" screen, 16GB ram, and 1TB spinning disc, though they seem to have two different versions now.

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntt=msi+ge62&Ntk=all&sortby=match&N=4294863597+4294964325&myStore=true

-----Original Message-----
From: "Greg Helledy" <gregsonh@gra-inc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:35pm
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Laptop recommendations

You might look at a Dell Inspiron.  There is the XPS 13 Developer
Edition, which is delivered with Ubuntu, but is just a bit over your
price range.

In addition, there is the Inspiron 7000-series 2-in-1 (where the
keyboard folds around back to make the unit more like a tablet),
available in 13", 15" and 17" screen sizes.  You can get the 13" with
touchscreen, a Core i7, 16 GB RAM and a 512 GB SSD for $1,100.  A year
ago I bought myself the 11" version, they were still making them with
enough power to be useful then.  If Ubuntu and its relatives work for
you, they are well-supported on Dells.

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated