Greg Helledy on 8 Mar 2017 10:05:30 -0800

[PLUG] network drive doesn't mount on boot after update--how to check why?

We have a server that's running ClearOS 6, a specialized distro of CentOS 6 to act as a server for small businesses.

Ever since a major system update a few weeks ago (I hadn't run updates in about 6 months; about 250 packages were updated) the system no longer mounts a network drive on boot.

The relevant line in /etc/fstab is:
//192.168.0.232/JOE4_E/GRA-FTP  /media/networkdrive     cifs    username=XXXXX,password=XXXXX,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm       0 0

Once the machine is up and running, I can do:
> mount /media/networkdrive
and it mounts without issue.

Please forgive my asking basic questions, I am not an IT person by profession. I assume there's a logfile I should check to see what's going on, what's it called? Or otherwise, where would I start to get this drive mounting at boot again?

Thanks,

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated