Paul L. Snyder on 20 Mar 2017 11:12:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PLUG West tonight (2017-03-20 Mon)?

Whoops, looks like the announcement didn't go out! Yep, we're on for
tonight.

Generative testing (also called property-based testing) is an approach for
testing programs and systems based on (1) specifying properties or
invariants of your systems, and (2) automatically generating test cases
(possibly hundreds or thousands or millions of them) to gain more
confidence that your system is working as expected than you'd be able to
get through traditional, example-based unit testing.

This is a follow-up to the "functional testing" talk I gave last year,
where a number of people expressed interest in an offhand mention of
generative testing.

Paul