Casey Bralla on 4 May 2017 12:32:28 -0700

[PLUG] Network Content Filtering

I've got to set up a simple content filtering system for a SOHO network, and
could use some basic advice.   I'm exclusively worried about adult content,
but would appreciate any addition protections from malware, etc.

All my clients run linux workstations.

I assume I'll use a proxy server and something associated with squid, but
won't this mean I'll have to reset everyone's web browser to use the proxy?
Is there are (relatively simple) way to insert a proxy without having to
individually adjust each client?

Any other way to add content filtering?

I welcome suggestions, links to tutorials, etc.

TIA!
--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence