Doug Stewart on 14 Jul 2017 12:03:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] The most pernicious bug in WordPress

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Tim Allen <tim@peregrinesalon.com> wrote:
This is one of the many reasons I've gotten as far away from WordPress as possible. I'm loving working with Wagtail on Django these days. Good luck setting up a development environment. Or trying to figure out why the taxonomy database design, done for version 3.0, is still completely illogical and backwards.

Things like these led me to write code like this:

*snip*

Again, that's why WP-CLI Is Your Friend. *grin* It does a ton of the heavy lifting for you.

`wp db export` grabs you a SQL file. `wp db import [sql file]` imports the DB elsewhere. `wp search-replace [old url] [new url]` does the S&R, including serialized values.

--
-Doug