T B on 18 Jul 2017 16:36:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Brighter plans: energy efficient, reliable firewall hardware

I have been running pi-hole on my home network for months now.  Aside from the earlier complaint about speed (100mb max due to the pi) I have had great success running it & updating it is just as easy.  They have also made recent improvements by adding a password to the main dashboard where it used to be open to anyone on the network.

It blocks ads on all devices including mobile by basically forwarding the ad to a blank web page server that it hosts itself.

The only things I have seen break on my network due to this is HBO streaming due to their analytics URL being tied to their license verification and the Jackbox games due to that website requiring a certain google analytics URL to function.