Lee H. Marzke on 1 Aug 2017 06:51:43 -0700

Re: [PLUG] SSH Hardening : Request for Best Practices

I'm not saying it's trivial, but if you want something easier than setting up pf from
scratch , I'd look at pfSense distro,  which is mostly GUI driven, and has good alias
support which is great at making fw rules easier to manage/read.

Based on Rich's recommendations,  I'm going to look into the pfBlock GEOIP blocking module.
https://turbofuture.com/internet/How-to-Configure-pfBlocker-An-IP-Block-List-and-Country-Block-Package-for-pfSense

I've not used it so far, but it makes sense to block many countries that I don't expect traffic from.

Lee