Doug Stewart on 30 Sep 2017 18:52:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Apple open sources kernel

Not to be an MSFT apologist, but since Nadella took over, they've had a radical shift on interoperability and open source I general. SQL Server now runs on Linux, Dot Net Core does as well, they're pushing heavily into containers in general and Docker in particular, all of their Azure Resource Manager templates are OSS on Github and, IIRC the PowerShell stuff on Linux (if not the whole thing) is now open source.

I'm not advocating going out and buying WinServer Boxen, but it's a wholly different Microsoft from Ballmer's "Linux is a cancer" days.

--
Doug Stewart