Doug Stewart on 30 Sep 2017 18:52:23 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Apple open sources kernel
- From: Doug Stewart <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Apple open sources kernel
- Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 21:52:14 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:date:subject:message-id :references:in-reply-to:to; bh=af7Iv9GuQvzyJwJzg2uafw2UnNM75zgnI4+GQxkTspA=; b=D6ZCMqLjUn2g5xasKe9irfMYGMZ1pSzS9Tgoxb/3qTjv2OymOxTSQEDzV3Oq31ZB+K OlsWpSbylHpo11oBqWCZXfb0AWP49MlWvGvsO5bvwDkLEau01I7ZeoEZvtAcm0VjmeMy PO8fjaIa1VlFO8AFkNm3Bp1JD3dlLRULzyoGZ3An0580UTLn1RsM7EAYiaD6LDt7Obaj VgCNUHegAVUCFP+Q8A/zhhO/DrAZS7IbXhQYIhbqpwHOLQbHo5gMW9HADXuDc5l5Yu0b nVYvi0bmzI75UFyIhkhjV1rfT61gEdb+XFwevtrpF1gO23mjzCOJCZO25C7Y8wdugsLY 14aQ==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
Not to be an MSFT apologist, but since Nadella took over, they've had a radical shift on interoperability and open source I general. SQL Server now runs on Linux, Dot Net Core does as well, they're pushing heavily into containers in general and Docker in particular, all of their Azure Resource Manager templates are OSS on Github and, IIRC the PowerShell stuff on Linux (if not the whole thing) is now open source.
I'm not advocating going out and buying WinServer Boxen, but it's a wholly different Microsoft from Ballmer's "Linux is a cancer" days.
It is based on open sources bits anyway so its only right.
I'm not a fan of the fruit company but I suspect more people would be interested in this compared to anything MS has/would open source.
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug