JP Vossen on 18 Nov 2017 13:04:50 -0800

[PLUG] FF 57 is out and breaks NoScript and Tab Mix Plus!

Since NoScript and Tab Mix Plus are the only reason to keep using FF, that's a pretty bad idea. I know, FF "Quantum" is supposed to be more awesome than sliced bread, but for me breaking those extensions is a show stopper.

They will be fixed...but are not yet:
http://tabmixplus.org/support/troubleshooting/data/legacy-tabmix.html
https://hackademix.net/2017/11/14/double-noscript/

I failed to check sufficiently before I did all my updates today, so everything got FF 57. :-(

So until TMP & NS are fixed, I want to revert FF. But I've spent quite a while looking for firefox-56.0+linuxmint1+sylvia_amd64.deb and I can't find it anywhere. I'm really surprised, RPMfind.net has more-or-less all RPMs since forever, but I don't see anything like that for .debs. Everything I do find that thinks it has 56 is just out of date because you get a 404 when you go there.

Side note, https://archive.linuxmint.com/ is pretty amusing.

Google, StartPage, DuckDuckGo and <shudder> Bing & Yahoo all failed.

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks,
JP