Adam Zion on 19 Nov 2017 12:18:55 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Problem mounting Samba share, solved (I think)
- From: Adam Zion <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: PLUG <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Problem mounting Samba share, solved (I think)
- Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 15:18:09 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=libTBkF+jIY3TRcrcD/Jaeuhgj+cZihWvkdi2n2fdJ0=; b=OIRBgFuzX5CmXaarViIw+vrfYwBbbJD2OhnprYkV29T1NpWG0+qpjG6sOOYspt8qjX 3b+4Zg1qYezxTi4N3S4Znm6X+UZ7wrcE+bCq2ik03NUvGfcfgEfxMyGV2PWiQU/FXUdZ ja3Lsi3z4DInju1CKASjIQa9zd/gQqyebyhKLqSc4D9IJC+2DbdiqEYt3Rt9XQ4LGUos q0LOj0DOmQ7E9rj1c6V3XW5aeqtlCVVptxb9enTbrxHtUsxHui+Y5jgkaM18zAAifiv/ IX+bGXKOK0rJHHiR7ltAOF1i6BOeFG92RFCgVAKAr1zxM+lO+agJeoGjCPznDSDGI+Kq mybA==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
I did a bit more poking around, and found an option in the smb.conf file:
valid users = %s
When I commented this out, I was suddenly able to connect to the Raspberry Pi NAS as long as I used an existing account. Then, I locked down the directories by specifying the valid user for each of them- adam for mine, ilana for my wife.
I had to rebuild the NAS a while back b/c of an oddity with mounting the USBl drives in the new version of Raspbian- unless you specify nofail in the fstab, an attempt to mount the USB drives will never complete. Unfortunately for me, I didn't find this relatively simple fix- which I could've applied by plugging the food Micro SD card into my linux notebook- until AFTER I'd reformatted the system drive. The data, fortunately, was untouched.
Ah, the joys of computers. Almost as fun as spending the day hitting yourself on the head with a hammer, but perhaps less productive.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug