Keith C. Perry on 27 Nov 2017 09:46:26 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Turns out Hg can do 'git add -p' too

I'll going to post the video later and link to the slides as well JP.  Just gotta clip out the 41 mins of pre-meeting discussion.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Delrue" <delrue.thomas@gmail.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>, "JP Vossen" <jp@jpsdomain.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:27:15 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Turns out Hg can do 'git add -p' too

On 11/21/2017 11:57 AM, JP Vossen wrote:
> Last night I said that only git can do the very handy 'git add -p' thing
> to break out the 5 changes you made (how code really gets written) into
> 5 logical commits.  It turns out I was wrong, Hg can do it too:
> * https://stackoverflow.com/a/7767133
> * https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/GitConcepts#Git.27s_staging_area).

I find that feature-parity between Git and Hg is so close that it really
doesn't matter to pick on over the other except for personal preference
(that and using stupid github, which according to PHB's is what source
control *is* these days) and if you really don't want Git and are
willing to fight windmills, there are adapters for mercurial that give
you an hg experience over a git repo.