Matt Berlin on 18 Dec 2017 11:27:19 -0800

Re: [PLUG] New Comcast wireless modem with old Buffalo wirelessrouter

Are you trying via the internal 10.1.10.0/24 address?

- Matt

From: Walt Mankowski
Sent: ‎12/‎18/‎2017 2:02 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] New Comcast wireless modem with old Buffalo wirelessrouter

I hooked up the new modem this morning and I've got it mostly working,
but there's still one thing I can't figure out. I setup port
forwarding on the modem so that ports like ssh, imap and http forward
to DD-WRT, which in turn forwards to my linux box. This works fine
from the outside, and I can ssh from my linode into my home linux box
without a problem. But if I try to connect from inside it just
hangs. This is the case both over wifi (via my ipad) and wired (via my
laptop).

I'm at a loss for even how to debug this. Maybe the modem only
forwards external packets? How can I tell? The only way I can find to
configure it is via their web interface, and it's pretty minimal.

Anyone have any advice?

Walt