Rich Kulawiec on 14 Jan 2018 05:58:32 -0800

[PLUG] A member of the local Linux community could use some help

Bonnie Dalzell is active in two communities: she's part of the LUGs
in Maryland/NoVa and is a borzoi dog rescue coordinator.  On New Year's Eve,
she and Jim Sacklad lost everything but the clothes on their backs,
their laptops, and their dogs.  See:

	Crews battle fire at Hydes home
	http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bs-md-hydes-fire-20171231-story.html

and for a photo of the aftermath:

	https://i.imgur.com/HkWWgtt.jpg

There's a fundraiser underway to help them out:

	https://www.gofundme.com/support-silkenswift-borzoi

Or you can contribute directly via Paypal to bdalzell@qis.net.

I've asked her what they need in the way of computing hardware, books,
etc., but haven't gotten a response yet.  My guess is that this isn't at
the top of their list.  But between everyone in the region, we probably
have enough spare stuff to re-equip them once they have a place for that
stuff to be, so I'll probably be following up at some point looking for gear.

---rsk