Fred Stluka on 24 Jan 2018 10:09:56 -0800

[PLUG] FOSS/RHEL and CISCO engineers (and more) needed in KoP ($115K-$125K + 7-10% bonus)...

PLUG folks,

I don't remember what we've said in the past about posting job
descriptions.  Feel free to tell me of this was not appreciated, but
it's a large company that's moving from Windows to Linux, so it
seemed relevant...

I was referred by a friend recently to someone she called an
"outstanding recruiter".  Strong praise from her -- she's not very
tolerant of people who don't meet her standards for intelligence,
competence and easiness to work with.  So, I asked for more info.

The recruiter seems like a genuine, honorable, effective guy.
He's working to fill 100 infrastructure/ops positions at a large
company, many in KoP.  He's been very upfront with me so far,
supplying lots of details of the company, the jobs, and his own
personal approach to recruiting.  Says the right things, emphasizing
honesty, integrity, keeping candidates informed of status.  Also,
will the candidate love the role, fit the group, stay long, etc?

Should I connect you to him?  Details below...

The company
-----------
- Biotherapies for HIV, hemophilia, flu vaccines, etc.
- "Outstanding company culture and benefits ... employee friendly
  to a fault."
- Shifting from site-based model for IT to global functional teams
- Full-time, in the office positions but flex time for commuting and
  work from home when necessary
- Moving from Windows to Linux.  Currently 5000 Windows servers, 400
  Linux servers.  Recent hires have been for VMware, EMC, DR/Backup,
  Citrix.  Currently filling RHEL and Cisco spots, plus many more.
- Paid relocation and H1B Visa support
- Occasional US/international travel to other company locations

Senior RHEL System Engineer
---------------------------
- Duties:
  - Implement/support mission critical apps
  - RHEL sys admin, system design, plan, install, config, tune, monitor,
    capacity planning, troubleshoot, etc.
  - Automate processes
  - Work with cross functional infrastructure teams, systems engineering,
    app dev teams
  - Assist vendors with software installs
  - FDA and global regulatory compliance
  - Research new/innovative solutions, recommend to management
  - Gather requirements, design/develop/test effective solutions
  - May manage projects
- Required:
  - 5 years Unix
  - RHEL
  - FOSS
- Desired:
  - Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
  - Pharma/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience
  - PowerShell, FTP, ADFS, SCCM, and Networking
  - Diverse knowledge of desktop/server apps, hardware, OSs, DBs, SANs,
    virtualization, networking, security
- FTE only, not consultant
- $115K-$125K/year + 7-10% bonus
- King of Prussia, PA

Senior Cisco UCS System Engineer
--------------------------------
- Duties:
  - Implement/support communications and video conferencing
  - Cisco UCS, MS Skype for Business
  - Plan, install, admin, recover, document, inventory, monitor HW/SW:
    - LAN/WAN (Cisco Nexus, Cisco Catalyst, Riverbed)
    - SAN communication - (Cisco Nexus, Brocade)
    - Wireless access managed by Wireless LAN Controller(s)
    - Firewall (Cisco ASA, vASA, ASA-X)
    - Load Balancer Technology (Stingray, Netscaler)
  - Roll out video conferencing globally with S4B for day-to-day and
    Cisco for immersive Board Room.
  - Proactively monitor systems, anticipate/prevent problems
  - Automate processes
  - Work with cross functional infrastructure teams, systems engineering,
    app dev teams
  - Implement best practices
  - FDA compliance
  - Take lead on issues, research, resolve, report status
  - Member of a 15 person global team in US (NC, FL, IL, PA), Germany,
    Switzerland, Australia
  - Project (60-70%) and support work
- Required:
  - SIP, Video Codecs, QoS, TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, Sniffers,
    Windows Servers OS, Network systems (Cisco routers & switches),
    Firewalls, LAN, WAN and High Availability
  - Cisco UCS, VMWare
  - Cisco CUCM, CMS, VCS/Expressway, TMS and TMSXE
  - PBX / IP-PBX / SIP Trunks, Gateways and SBCs
  - Troubleshooting of Cisco End-Points and Skype Clients
- Desired:
  - Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
  - Pharma/Biotech or similarly regulated environment experience
  - MS Skype for Business, Skype Enterprise Voice
  - Contact Center and Cloud technologies (Office 385, Cisco Spark, etc).
  - Networking technology certs
  - S4B
  - Admin firewalls, switch ports, Port security
  - Admin internet content filters and blocking
  - IDF switch stack installations, management and backups
  - Network drop installations/moves, configs, troubleshooting
  - Manage WAN connection configurations
  - Admin DHCP scopes and configurations
  - Admin wireless LAN controller and WiFi access points
  - Admin WAN Optimization devices
  - Admin Blade Enclosure networks
  - Design networks/segments for site expansions/additions
  - Admin VoIP devices
  - Diverse knowledge of hardware, OSs, SANs, virtualization, networking
  - High emotional quotient and ability to manage ambiguity
  - Ability to quickly learn new technology.
- FTE only, not consultant
- $115K-$125K/year + 7-10% bonus
- King of Prussia, PA

Interested in either of these, or just being connected to the guy?
Let me know...

--Fred