K.S. Bhaskar on 4 Feb 2018 15:02:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] AMD or nVidia?

I don't have much experience with AMD vide0, but FOSS drivers for Intel and the proprietary drivers for Nvidia Just Work™ (Ubuntu 16.04, 17.10, and Arch). The nouveau drivers work reasonably well for my normal usage (nothing computationally stressful for video – browsers, e-mail, editors, shell, etc.), but don't work well with multiple monitors. So, I use the Nvidia proprietary drivers on machines with Nvidia video.

Regards
– Bhaskar