Rita on 21 Feb 2018 18:02:57 -0800

[PLUG] vmware and i.o

at our lab we use vmware esx (i think) for virtualization. i feel like we are i/o bound for our processes. The process runtime varies too much but I can't provide if its i/o issue or not. The i.o wait percentage is sometimes at 0 and sometimes at 20%. I understand a lot of times I am using the page/buffers which is cached data.

Sometimes, I feel the underlying disks the VM is using is having problems but being a guest I can't provide that. Is there a way to prove that from a guest point of view?